Sunday, February 3, 2013

Turn of Events! Miracle?



This is how I felt when I walked into her office! Arrrgggg!?$%!


In one of my session with Sherri, I came in pretty upset at one of my co-workers, and I just couldn’t seem to get over it. She had me pretend that he was sitting right in front of me while I allowed myself to say everything that I wanted to say to him. I even pounded my fists on the chair! That’s a first time for me. Of course, she helped me remain present to the sensations and emotions the whole time. I even started crying toward the end of this exercise. I didn’t know that I was that upset. Also, this was the first time in my life that I actually let myself say out loud everything that I wanted to say to someone. It felt sooo good! Normally, I would feel ashamed, scared, and guilty to do something like that, but with Sherri around, I felt safe and like it was ok to talk about how I really feel. The next day, when interacting with my co-worker I wasn’t bothered by him at all and he seemed to leave me alone. He didn’t pick on me or give me a hard time like he usually does. What a blessing! I'd say this is a bona fide miracle! Maybe there is something to this SE thing!

This is how I felt when I left her office! Oooo! Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment